Three years ago, if a business wanted to have a central location for email hosting, calendar sharing and document collaboration, they needed to invest in a server. So you might ask why should I get onto the cloud? Let me count the ways:
- A company of 10 users would save about $30,000 a year by using Google Apps to host their email, calendars and documents
- The average employee will be 2.8 times more productive while using mobile computing solutions
- Email mailboxes in the Google Apps Premier platform have 50 times the average storage space of other email hosts
- Each employee will gain an additional 278 hours of work time each year by dealing with less spam
- It takes 10 hours per year on average to update and add patches to mail servers get that time back
- With a 99.9% uptime for a company’s email, calendar, contacts and documents, Google Apps helps add 270 hours of productivity to a company of 10 users (the number grows with larger companies who must deal with downtime of servers)
- People loose laptops they also get stolen that means lost data and compromise to a company’s security; when you’re on the cloud, the data is safe from thieves (companies will spend $10,000-$30,000 recovering lost data)
- With a 10% failure rate per year, hard drives will always fail; this will cost a 10 employee an average of $1,500 per year on data recover; keep your money for other expenses and keep it on the cloud
- With Google Apps, new features just show up; no installing, no restarting, no paying for the new software and no compatibility issues
- Because Google Apps runs in a web browser, your company can easily keep a mix of Macs, PCs and even Linux computer in house with no compatibility issues
If this all makes sense to you, let us know. Altitude Integrations has done dozens of implementations for businesses from 1 to 100 users. If your company does not have an IT department, this is the perfect way to decrease outsourced IT costs. If your company does have an IT department, this allows them to focus on the many other ways to improve the efficiency of the company’s IT systems without having to worry about email, calendars, contact and document sharing.
For more information on how to get your company on the cloud, give us a call. We’ll take a look at your current IT situation, develop a strategy designed specifically for your company and work to implement that strategy within clearly defined time lines.