Google is updating the look of their Workspace (formerly G Suite) Admin Console. It’s definitely a different look but what’s exciting is the card framework. Google’s goal here is to make it quicker to navigate and find information you are looking for. We find that the vast majority of organizations outside our management only tap into 11% or less of the information found in the Admin Console. We’re hoping this helps change that.
Here are the official release notes:
Quick launch summary
We’re making some updates to the home page in the Admin console. You may notice:
- A new card-based interface which includes more information and links to provide quick access to common tasks.
- Expandable (or collapsible) cards for Users, Billing, and Domains, with quick links to common items in those areas.
- Reordered items to make it easier to find the most used sections and complete common tasks.
- Admins: You’ll see the new interface when you log into the Admin console. Visit the Help Center to learn more about using the Admin console.
- End users: No end user impact.
- Rapid Release and Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on March 31, 2021.
- Available to all Google Workspace customers, as well as G Suite Basic and Business customers
Please let us know if you have any questions!
Co-CEO – Altitude Integrations